What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia is one of the leading sleep disorders everywhere in the world today. It is commonly experienced by people who are always busy and working during long periods of time. People who also rely on medications encounters insomnia as side effect. But the major cause is anxiety. We help treat insomnia at our Miami acupuncture facility.
Acupuncture is a therapy that helps alleviate insomnia. In fact, insomnia acupuncture has been around for many years and has helped people to improve sleep. Not only that, it contributes to over-all emotional and physical well-being.*
It is believed that sleep helps the body to heal itself. Hence, it is very important that each one gets 8 hours of sleep a day and it is best to have it during the night. Sleep acupuncture is a popular remedy to battle insomnia.
Acupuncture and Insomnia
Let us get a closer look at how insomniacs benefits from acupuncture treatment. People who are suffering from insomnia are often lethargic and are always bothered with a lot of things about their life, maybe it be related to career, family, love or just feeling bored and has nothing to do. It is often recommended that a change of lifestyle and having a positive outlook in life will help put an end to it. However, these solutions may not dim fit for everyone’s situation.
Acupuncture has well-known contribution to battle insomnia. Insomniacs who received acupuncture treatments even for a short period of time had increased levels of night time melatonin, a hormone that induces sleep. They say that they feel relaxed and helps them to sleep and improve their sleep patterns. There are several acupuncture points for insomnia. Some include the depression located between the eyebrows, the first and second toes and about one-third of the foot from the tip of the toe. Apply gentle pressure on those points for a minute.*
Other Related Articles
- Acupuncture as Alternative Medicine
- Acupuncture Methods
- Acupuncture for Allergies
- Acupuncture for Arthritis
- Acupuncture for Back Pain
- Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel and Vertigo
- Acupuncture for Foot, Ankle & Heel Pain
- Acupuncture for Headaches
- Acupuncture for High Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture for Knee Pain
- Acupuncture for Lymphedema
- Acupuncture for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Acupuncture for Pain Management
- Acupuncture for Physical Therapy
- Acupuncture for Pregnancy
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- Cupping Therapy
- Acupuncture Insurance
- Acupuncture for Anxiety
- Acupuncture for Mental Health
- Acupuncture for Chronic Pain
- Acupuncture for Digestive Problems