You’ve been trying to have a baby, but you’ve had no luck. When you go for fertility testing, the staff tells you that you have reproductive issues that prevent you from being impregnated or carrying a child to term. You start fertility treatments and still have no luck. If you’re in Miami, fertility acupuncture treatments in can help. Acupuncture for fertility issues has become increasingly popular for couples trying to have a baby. It provides a natural and safe way for couples to become pregnant and have the baby they’ve been dreaming about for their entire lives. For some potential parents, fertility acupuncture in Miami may be the solution that they’ve been seeking.
Acupuncture in Miami for Fertility Can Help
Miami fertility acupuncture is a growing trend for couples looking to have a baby. Acupuncture for fertility works by addressing issues that cause infertility, such as an under-functioning thyroid (hypothyroidism) or an over-functioning thyroid (hyperthyroidism.) Improved ovarian and follicular function is the goal. Acupuncture can also increase blood flow to the endometrium, which helps to create a rich, thick lining. It’s important to know that fertility acupuncture works best when used as a complementary medicine to herbs and traditional medicine.
Top 10 Fertility Issues for Couples
Ovulation Disorder occurs when a woman doesn’t ovulate or her ovulation cycle is irregular. This is usually due to hormone imbalance. Ovulation doesn’t happen when communication between the pituitary, ovaries, and follicles doesn’t work properly.
Here are some causes of hormonal imbalance in women:
- Poor egg health
- Problems with one or more of the endocrine glands
- Poor nutrition
- Poor lifestyle choices
- Low Body Weight
- Long-term use of birth control
- Genetic predisposition
Low Sperm Count
A healthy sperm count is 20 million sperm per mL. Anything less than that is considered a low sperm count.
There are a number of reasons for a low sperm count:
- Bad choices in lifestyle including smoking, drinking alcohol, poor diet, stress, environmental pollution, EMF’s, tight clothing.
- Antisperm antibodies
- Genetic predisposition
- Damage to the reproductive organs
- Illness such as cancer treated with chemotherapy
Poor Sperm Health
25 percent of infertility issues are due to poor sperm health, including sperm motility, or sperm movement or tail whip, and morphology, or shape/proper formation of the sperm and DNA. The reasons for poor sperm health are basically the same as low sperm count. Although, you can have a low sperm count and still have good sperm health and vice versa.
Blocked Fallopian Tubes
25 percent of infertility issues are due to blocked fallopian tubes. They are caused by:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), often from STDs
- Uterine fibroids
- Ectopic Pregnancy
35-50 percent of infertility issues are due to endometriosis. The causes aren’t known. Genetics are thought to be the cause because if your mom has it, you’ll most likely get it. The disease tends to be worse with the next generation.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
This disease is very common. Approximately 4-18 percent of women of reproductive age have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Since every woman’s symptoms are different, it’s not very much understood and the cause is unknown.
Poor Egg Health
Here are some reasons for poor egg health:
- Bad choices of lifestyle including smoking, drinking alcohol, poor diet, stress, environmental pollution and sedentary lifestyle (poor circulation).
- Hormonal balance
- Genetic predisposition
- Reproductive organ damage
- Illnesses such as cancer treated with chemotherapy
- Autoimmune Disorder
Too many anti-sperm antibodies can make it hard for sperm to reach the egg and/or fertilize it. They may also damage surviving sperm which increases the risk of miscarriage. Over 70 percent of men who get a vasectomy develop anti-sperm antibodies. Here are the causes of too many anti-sperm antibodies:
- Testicles are injured
- After surgery (biopsy, vasectomy)
- The prostate gland has an infection
In some women’s bodies, an allergic reaction to her partner’s sperm occurs. Then, the immune system is stimulated, creating anti-sperm antibodies that attack sperm.
Vas Deferens Blockage
With Vas Deferens Blockage the epididymis is blocked. The number one reason for blockage is varicocele or varicose veins. Blockage can also be caused by sexually transmitted diseases, STDs, such as gonorrhea and chlamydia. Surgery is the treatment for varicose veins. STDs should be treated immediately to prevent damage to the reproductive organs.
Combination infertility is when both the man and the woman have fertility problems. About 20-30 percent of infertility cases are under this category.
15 percent of infertility cases are unexplained. Your doctors have run all the tests and have found nothing that gives the reason for it.
Visiting an Acupuncturist
Fertility acupuncture in Miami can help with all of your fertility issues. When visiting an acupuncturist, expect the needles to be expertly placed in certain places of your body. The corresponding points are:
- Lower abdominal area
- On the halfway side of the knee joint, behind the medial condyle of the tibia
- Four fingers-width above the inner ankle bone on the inside surface of the leg
The needles will remain inserted for 20-30 minutes while you rest comfortably.
Other Related Articles
- Acupuncture as Alternative Medicine\
- Acupuncture Methods
- Acupuncture for Allergies
- Acupuncture for Arthritis
- Acupuncture for Back Pain
- Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel and Vertigo
- Acupuncture for Foot, Ankle & Heel Pain
- Acupuncture for Headaches
- Acupuncture for High Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture for Insomnia
- Acupuncture for Knee Pain
- Acupuncture for Lymphedema
- Acupuncture for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Acupuncture for Pain Management
- Acupuncture for Physical Therapy
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- Cupping Therapy
- Acupuncture Insurance
- Acupuncture for Anxiety
- Acupuncture for Mental Health
- Acupuncture for Chronic Pain
- Acupuncture for Digestive Problems