Physical therapy (PT) is an evidence-based treatment which seeks to improve motion and mobility whilst help relieve pain. It further helps restore or promote physical function and fitness caused by injuries and other health conditions especially in areas including orthopedics, musculoskeletal, neurology, sports, surgery recovery and even wound-care.
Acupuncture is a physical therapy method. Our Miami acupuncture center’s focus is to provide pain relief and help in the recovery of normal physical function caused by various injuries and other health problems.* Millions of Americans have already tried this type of treatment and is even more popular in other Western countries (considering Asian countries aside).
Applying physical therapy acupuncture involves the use of special and extremely thin needles for therapy of muscles to relieve knots and pain.* The needle stimulation also restores normal function and motion of affected areas in the body especially in treating different conditions such as:
- Back and neck pain
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Orthopedic conditions and
- Musculoskeletal problems
Applying a combination of massage and acupuncture are also highly effective in treating the aforementioned conditions. Massaging which involves kneading or working on the body by applying pressure promotes body relaxation and well-being. Meanwhile, acupuncture corrects the body’s flow of energy and aid in pain relief.*
Accessing PT Acupuncture Services
If planning to undergo physical therapy acupuncture, make sure to look for registered or legit Acupuncturists. For costs associated with this treatment, there’s currently no Medicare coverage for acupuncture (under Medicare Part A and Part B) unless enrolled under Medicare Part C Advantage Plan which may provide some coverage for alternative medicine therapies such as acupuncture and acupressure.
Pain Treatments with Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Pain Management
- Acupuncture for Chronic Pain
- Acupuncture for Back Pain
- Acupuncture for Foot, Ankle and Heel Pain
- Acupuncture for Headache
- Acupuncture for Knee Pain
- Acupuncture for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel and Vertigo
- Acupuncture for Lymphedema
Other Related Articles
- Acupuncture for Mental Health
- Acupuncture Insurance
- Acupuncture Methods
- Acupuncture for Allergies
- Acupuncture as Alternative Medicine
- Acupuncture for Arthritis
- Acupuncture for High Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture for Pregnancy
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- Acupuncture for Digestive Problems
- How Long Does An Acupuncture Treatment Last?
- How Many Times A Week Should You Do Acupuncture?
- How Long Do The Effects of Acupuncture Last?
- What is Acupuncture